Job Posting: Junior Systems Specialist
We are looking to an Intermediate to Senior Systems Specialists for our Vancouver Office. The position combines technical support with network administration and infrastructure projects.
Dyrand Systems Inc. is an established IT Managed Services Provider in Canada, with a head office in Vancouver. We provide our clients a virtual IT department that gives them a team of specialists that monitor and manage their networks and systems.
Our extensive set of IT related services and partnerships ensure that our clients' IT systems provide full business value. Dyrand has strong partnerships with Lenovo, Dell, HP, IBM, Microsoft, Amazon AWS, and many other vendors and manufacturers. Our business is growing rapidly, so our team is expanding! We provide our employees with long-term careers: you will be involved with a wide variety of technical environments working with a spirited team of colleagues. We have a passion for growth, teamwork, and quality customer service. You must like working with technology, and love working with people. To fit in our team, you need to balance being reliable, focused, and pragmatic, with being innovative, outgoing, and fun!
- Have a technical diploma or degree or certificates
- Speak fluent English, and be comfortable engaging clients over the phone.
- Microsoft Suite, Exchange, Azure and Office 365 experience
- Firewalls, Switches, Wireless : Cisco Meraki, HP/Aruba or equivalent
- Windows Server 2008 – 2016
- Office 365 suite of applications (Exchange Online, Skype for Business, SharePoint Online, OneDrive for Business)
Nice to have
- Experience in working with an IT MSP
- Familiar with ConnectWise
- Experience with LabTech
- Active Directory (group policy and user management)
The ideal candidate will have experience that reflects both strong technical skills, as well as interpersonal and customer service skills.
You will be responsible for:
- Act as a first/second level escalation support contact
- Ensuring the proper setup and operation of our clients' servers and desktops.
- Ensuring the proper setup and operation of our clients' MS RDS and Active Directory.
- Ensuring the proper setup and operation of our clients' networks.
- Ensuring reliable and efficient operations at our data centre.
- Assisting in other duties involving computer and network setup and operation.
- Participating in infrastructure projects (systems and networks).
- Engaging and communicating with clients on their IT issues and concerns.
- You must be able to work non-office hours when clients require servicing off-hours, and share the on-call after-hours support duties with other staff.
- Though most of the work will be performed at our head office, some local travel in the Vancouver area may be required.
If you are interested, please submit resumes to firstname.lastname@example.org